Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Household Chores

Last night was a torturous attempt to sleep. I tried, but legs and mind just would not settle down, so I betook myself to the downstairs guest room so that my tossing around would not keep my poor husband awake.

But after about thirty minutes, I started coughing. And coughing. A few minutes after that, lungs and sinuses were full and itching.

What was that from?

I drank a full glass of water. I had a teaspoon of honey. Then I broke out the big guns: brandy, along with leaving the guest room for the living room until I was too cold to stand it any more. The brandy helped break through the congestion, so I stole back to my husband's side and managed to fall asleep.

Today I tackled the guest room. I have no idea what caused it, as the room was not dirty. But I dusted everything, cleaned the mirrors, and washed the sheets and the mattress pad (I needed to remove the flannel sheets anyway. It's too hot for those now).

I still need to vacuum. Then I'll have to try sleeping in there again to see if any of that helped.

Things just can't be easy, can they?

No comments:

Post a Comment